Fortnite Google Play – Fortnite Is Finally Available on Google Play
Table of Contents
Fortnite Google Play
Fortnite Google Play, before today, Fortnite was only playable on Android devices by downloading the Epic Games’ website.
We couldn’t download it from Google Play and were forced to jump through a few hoops to get the game working.
The ‘Fortnite’ Is Finally Available On The Google Play Store
Epic Games had a perfectly reasonable reason for doing this: The company wanted to avoid the steep 30% cut Google takes for hosting apps on its Android store.
By contrast, Epic Games only takes a 12% cut of proceeds for games on the Epic Game Store. It’s a pretty big difference.
Since Epic struck gold with Fortnite, the company has been championing better rates for developers.
Whether that’s Epic’s take from the Google Play store or developers’ take from the Epic Games Store.
The company has even ongoing publishing games with truly groundbreaking developer-friendly policies.
Nonetheless, after a year and a half, keeping Fortnite off the Google Play store didn’t make sense.
Utilizing Epic Games explained in a statement, emphasis added on the sign bit.
However, “After 18 months of operating Fortnite on Android outside of the Google Play Store.
We’ve come to a fundamental realization:
- Here Google puts software downloadable outside of Google Play at a disadvantage through technical and business measures such as scary.
- And also, repetitive security pop-ups for downloaded and updated software.
- However, restrictive manufacturer and carrier agreements and dealings, Google public relations are characterizing third-party software sources as malware.
- Then new efforts such as Google Play Protect to outright block software obtained outside the Google Play store.
- Since this, we’ve launched Fortnite for Android on the Google Play Store.
- We’ll last to operate the Epic Games App and Fortnite outside of Google Play, too.
- We expectation that Google will revise its policies and business dealings shortly so that all developers are free to reach and engage in commerce with customers on Android.
- In the Play Store done open services, including payment services, that can compete on a level playing field.”
- In different words, Epic Games is admitting defeat here. Google’s attempts to confirm that all purchases are made through the Play Store have worked.
- Then Epic is essentially saying that they’ve been strong-armed into releasing the game through Google’s store. However, it will continue to be available as a third-party download.
Is there a slight chance that Google will change its policy and make cuts more equitable?
- Perhaps not, at least not any time soon. I am uncertain that at least part of this move on Epic’s interest has to do with Fortnite losing some ground in recent months.
- However, the game is still wildly popular, but competition has taken its toll.
- Here silver lining here, of course, is that it will be that ample easier for gamers to download Fortnite onto their phones. And extra players will almost certainly jump play.
- I’ll have to try it on mobile again as it’s been a long time since I played on that platform.
- Unlike PUBG—another battle r0yale game—Fortnite never felt as good on mobile. PUBG is shockingly good on touchscreens.
Apple Watch Faces – Edit an Existing Watch Face, and More
Apple Watch Faces Whether you’re new to the device or a seasoned user, you probably already know that the Apple…
The Benefits of Renting Equipment for Your Small Business
Running a small business can be exciting and rewarding but also tough and challenging. There is so much to think…