What is FTP? – Network Protocol, FTP Rules, and More
FTP is an acronym with various uses. The most common English expression alludes to the File Transfer Protocol (in our language, Protocol File Transfer ), used in computer science.
Thanks to FTP, two computers (computers) that do not use the same operating system can communicate. It is possible since the communicating entities use the same protocol that is already standardized.
FTP is a network protocol
- A set of rules establishes how two or more entities must communicate to attain the transmission of details.
- In the specific case of FTP, it is a protocol focused on the transfer of files through a TCP / IP type network that is founding on the client-server architecture.
- In this framework, the client computer connects to the server via FTP to send or download files. That is why applications are often using that allow the transfer of material but with encrypted traffic.
What the FTP Rules?
- Do is establish the parameters necessary to achieve the connection (indicating the transfer mode, ports, etc.)
- And specify what type of operation will be carried out on the file system (add, delete, copy ). Since the relation is bi-directional, files can be load and sent simultaneously.
- Generally, to establish communication, the user uses an FTP client, which uses FTP to connect to an FTP server (another program whose function is to exchange files between different computers).
- By clicking on the FTP server, the FTP client can upload or download files from another computer.
- In addition to the fact that connected computers do not need to have the same operating system to upload or download files.
- They do not need to share the same architecture: main work and memory access.
- We can say that mobile phones with the Android operating system are founding on a different processor architecture than computers that use Windows.
- Therefore, it does not prevent these two groups from connecting to exchange files via an [FTP] server. In this way, we can send photos and videos from the phone to our computer for backup, a widespread practice.
- It is essential to point out that if the file exchange through an [FTP] server is carrying out between devices that share the same network connection, Internet access is unnecessary.
- In other words, those users who pay for a metered connection to the Internet, with a consumption limit per month.
- Should not worry since all the uploads and downloads that they make in this context will not use data from their plans.
- The most widely used family of products for these purposes is FileZilla, which offers both an open-source [FTP] client organization software and server.
- Thanks to these two options, both free, millions of people configure their file-sharing systems without daily problems.
- FileZilla originally ran exclusively on the Windows operating system, but today it can also be installing on macOS, FreeBSD, and GNU / Linux, among others. It should see that it has no relationship with the Mozilla company, despite its name.
Also Read: What is FaceTime Bug? – Software Glitches, Errors, and More
Also Read: Sony A7iii – Features, Touch Screen, Viewfinder, and More
Burger king menu Puts Two New Whoppers On Menus Nationwide
Burger king menu Following its Spider-Man Whopper stunt, the fast food juggernaut introduced two new versions of the traditional sandwich…
wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram An excellent and highly healthy snack meal is roasted grains. It is a product of the gram or chickpea…
Review What is FTP? – Network Protocol, FTP Rules, and More.