How to Stream on Twitch with OBS? – Previous Requirements, and More
How to Stream on Twitch with OBS
How to Stream on Twitch with OBS? Twitch is the YouTube of video games, a video portal where you can watch live or recorded players worldwide, known or anonymous.
Obtainable on multiple platforms, including PlayStation and Xbox, Twitch is the ideal place to watch videos of our preferred games and, why not, share our games live or delayed with the world.
What are the Previous requirements?
- Twitch allows you to stream games up to 48 hours long, but these limits do not need to be reaching for health and practical reasons.
- Obviously, a good Internet connection will help the transmission be of the best possible quality, particularly if we want it to reach HD.
- However, technical requirements can be found on the Twitch page for streamers.
- Here to broadcast games on Twitch, we will have to trigger this option in the Twitch Panel. Too, it helps a lot to have an Intel Core i5-4670 or AMD equivalent PC, 8GB of RAM, and at minimum Windows 7.
- Here Twitch does not specify a specific graphics card, only that it supports DirectX 10. The more powerful it is, the easier it will be.
- As for the software required for streaming, Twitch recommends several options, such as Open Broadcaster Software, Xplit, and Gameshow.
- In our situation, we have opted for Open Broadcaster or OBS Studio, which is also well-matched with Twitch and can be secondhand to broadcast on YouTube.
Broadcast on Twitch with OBS Studio
- OBS Studio has everything to be your streaming tool for Twitch. It is free, available for Windows, Mac and Linux, and it is relatively easy to use, although there is a lot of material to solve our doubts.
- Although there are many parameters to configure in OBS Studio, we only have to consider a few to stream games on Twitch properly.
- First, the source of the audio and video. From the main window of OBS Studio, we can choose what to capture from the sources.
- In our case, we want to transmit a game to a particular game, be it a game installed on our PC or an emulated one (very practical for Android games).
- In principle, OBS Studio should detect the font without problems once a game is opened, in our case.
- The second step is to configure, from Settings, to send the video signal captured from our computer to Twitch.
- We will have to go to Settings> Stream, select Twitch, choose a server as close as possible to our location on the map, and, finally, indicate our Stream password, which we will find in the Twitch Dashboard.
- Another critical parameter to configure can be found in Configuration> Output. It has to do with the quality of broadcast or recording if we want to broadcast live or record and then upload the video.
- Although the default values are valid. Twitch specifies that we should use the x264 (H.264) codec and a recommended bit rate. Of 96 kbps in audio (the maximum available is 160 kbps AAC).
- The default option is usually the most recommended for video resolution (Settings> Video or Settings> Video). However, we can try recording to see what the different solutions look like.
- If we want something more advanced. Like showing ourselves on webcam while we play, we must go to Scenes to the left of Sources.
- You will probably create combinations to show, for example. The game in full screen and our small image.
- In Sources, we can also understand the audio of the game and also the microphone of our computer.
- And that’s all to start with. Once OBS Studio is setting up. We can either click the Start Streaming button to begin streaming on our Twitch channel.
- Or record the game on video and then upload it by clicking Start Recording.
- To square if we have correctly configured the tool and if the transmission is correct. We can try to see the transmission from another device.
- Taking into account that Twitch is accessible from smartphones, tablets, computers, and game consoles.
Tips for Setting Your Child Up with Their First Smartphone
As much as we may want to delay the process as long as possible, the reality is that most of…
How-to guide to buying memory foam mattresses online
Are you having trouble falling asleep? Replacing your old mattress with a memory foam one is the answer to all…