Legend of Zelda Games – The Definitive Chronological Line, and More
Table of Contents
Legend of Zelda Games
One of the great mysteries that has consistently been generating. The most controversial has been the chronology of The Legend of Zelda Games.
Considering the number of games that The Legend of Zelda saga has, it is typical that all its staunch fans have developed theories about the temporal connection between the different titles.
The Legend of Zelda timeline revealed
- It reached us at the end of 2013, in which Many other data and graphic arts confirm the space-time relationship of all the games in the Zelda saga.
- One of the grand theories of all fans of The Legend of Zelda series of games was the possibility that two timelines told us the story depending on what had happened in previous titles.
- The surprise in the explanation that the creators of History of Hyrule give us is that there are three timelines and not two.
What is the definitive chronological line?
The Legend of the Gods and the Hero of Time
In this timeline, the following titles are found in this order:
- Skyward Sword (Wii)
- The Minish Cap (Game Boy Advance)
- Four Swords (Game Boy Advance)
- Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
That Skyward Sword was the beginning of the saga was not in doubt since it is in this title where the master sword is forged and the intricate story between Link and Princess Zelda emerges.
The Minish Cap unfolds the forging of the Quadruple Sword that will later be used in Four Swords. When all the Chaos begins, since Ocarina of Time, the three new timelines are developed from how we think the game ends.
The decline of Hyrule and the Last Hero
This first timeline of The Legend of Zelda features the following games:
- A Link to the Past (SNES)
- The Oracle of Seasons / Oracle of Ages (Game Boy Color)
- Link’s Awakening (Game Boy)
- A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
- Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo 3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda (NES)
- Zelda II: Adventure of Link (NES)
From the heading that we have put you in this timeline, you can assume that this is the one that corresponds when Link fails to defeat Ganon in Ocarina of Time.
The Link of the first title in this line is a predecessor of the links that we will see in Zelda and Zelda II and that later this same Link will be launched into the sea to star in Oracle of Seasons and Link’s Awakening.
T he games of A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes. Have been confirmed to feature a Link of 6 generations after the first title in the line.
And turn predecessor of the first two Zelda (in terms of launch number of position of the list )
The Dark World and the Hero’s descendants
In this second alternative reality option, we will find ourselves:
- Majora’s Mask (Nintendo 64)
- Twilight Princess (GameCube and Wii)
- Four Sword Adventures (GameCube)
This alternate reality would happen if the Link from Ocarina of Time managed to defend Ganon and return to the past, starring this time as a child in Majora’s Mask game.
One hundred years after what happened in this title, a descendant of Link from Majora’s Mask will be in charge of living the adventure in Twilight Princess. Hundreds of years later, a new Ganondorf will reincarnate to end Hyrule’s peace again by corrupting the four swords’ temple.
Also, the four links will take control of the situation in this last game of the chronology. Maybe this is one of the titles that would have the most inconsistency within the chronology of The Legend of Zelda.
The Hero of the Wind and a new world
In this third alternative reality, we will find the following titles:
- Wind Waker (GameCube)
- Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS)
- Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
This timeline happens 100 years after what happened in Ocarina of Time, and we find ourselves in the world that Link leaves after returning to the past.
Long after Ganondorf was defeated, he again managed to escape from the prison of the seven sages. The people of Hyrule expected the Hero of Time to return, but he did not:
- The Golden Goddesses, responding to her people’s prayers, urged them to take refuge high in the mountains to cause a great flood that would flood the lands of Hyrule and end the threat.
- It is the beginning of Wind Waker, with a descendant of Link who will be in charge without knowing that thousands of meters under the sea are the ancient Hyrule, to save the kingdom again and Tetra, the descendant of Princess Zelda.
- After defeating Ganondorf, Link and Tetra decide to go into the sea, searching for a ghost ship, where Tetra will be kidnapped. And Link must face an evil monster named Bellum who will be responsible for the kidnapping.
- A few generations later, we find ourselves in Spirit Tracks, where Tetra’s descendants rebuild Hyrule’s forgotten city and kingdom.
- Princess Zelda, a direct descendant of Tetra, in the company of a new Link. Must this time fight the evil demon Mallard and destroy him by following him to the gloomy dark world.
- We would only have to add where the new The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild would be founding. Here the theory and speculation are retaking shape.
Apple Watch Faces – Edit an Existing Watch Face, and More
Apple Watch Faces Whether you’re new to the device or a seasoned user, you probably already know that the Apple…
The Benefits of Renting Equipment for Your Small Business
Running a small business can be exciting and rewarding but also tough and challenging. There is so much to think…