Loofah sponge, Luffa, is a plant belonging to the Cucurbitaceae family. The plants and primarily their fruits are known as pastes, sponges, or vegetable sponges.
What is luffa?
- They are tropical and subtropical climbing plants.
- The fruit of at least two species, Luffa acutangula and Luffa aegyptiaca, grown to be harvested and eaten as a vegetable, is popular in Asia and Africa.
- Its popularity is born since it was first used to make exfoliating sponges. They are of high quality and provide excellent dermatological results.
- As we can see, luffa is not manufactured but is born from the earth like another plant on the planet.
- For this simple reason, it already gives us many benefits compared to the synthetics that we find in supermarkets.
What is luffa for?
- Luffa is a product of plant origin that we find in different articles, especially for personal hygiene.
- Our suppliers, Iberia de Espongas Vegetales, have genetics that allows them to obtain different intensities of fiber.
- In this sense, they cut or mold them to get other products such as vegetable sponges, case sponges, or scourers.
- In Metandia, we have the loofah vegetable sponges, another version of these sponges in a case format, and the luffa vegetable sponges.
- All of the luffa, with the same properties and collected and produced in this same production company.
- As you can see, another use in addition to personal hygiene is for cleaning dishes, surfaces, and kitchen utensils.
- It is because, unlike non-natural, synthetic scourers, its capacity for biodegradation is complete and absolute.
Here we present the benefits of one of the types of loofah, the loofah
how to care for and maintain it:
- Properties and benefits of the loofah loofah
- The loofah sponges are 100% natural and biodegradable.
- They are much more durable than synthetic sponges made of various plastics and petroleum derivatives.
- They are producing in an artisanal way.
- However, they are perfect for use with solid soaps and thus reduce the use of plastics in the bathroom.
- It is a natural exfoliator for the skin honestly and carefully.
- Eliminates dead skin, facilitating a DEEP CLEANING
- Reduces excess FAT on the skin
- Controls and prevents the appearance of ACNE and blackheads. Used as a facial exfoliator, it drags dirt and oil, cleansing the pores.
- It acts as a MUSCLE RELAXANT.
- It does not leave or contribute any HARMFUL residue on our skin or our body.
- Stimulates blood circulation, thus being beneficial to limit and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Prevents cystic capillary.
Also Read: Pimple On Lip Line – Causes, Treatment, and More
Also Read: Rose Water Spray – 5 Best Products With Rose Water