Panasonic S1 – Performance, Build, Specifications, and More
Here the Panasonic S1 is a solid, high-quality camera that offers excellent pictures and videos in many situations. There are simply no credentials as a sports camera.
Size: is 148.9 x 110.0 x 96.7 mm (body only)
Sensor: 24.2 MP, 35.6 x 23.8 mm full frame CMOS
Image stabilization system: 5-axis IBIS, CIPA rating with 5.5 stops
Video: 4K UHD at 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p
Viewfinder: Live OLED viewfinder with 5,760,000 points
Autofocus: DFD Contrast AF
LCD: 3.2 inch tiltable triaxial LCD with 2,100,000 dots
Maximum burst: 9 fps
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
Memory card: slot 1: is XQD, slot 2: SD / SDHC / SDXC, UHS-II compatible
Weight: is 1,021 g (housing only, with battery and SD card
BUILD AND HANDLING
While not a dual-grip camera, the S1 is quite broad and more significant than the Nikon Z 6 and Sony A7 III.
However, this means there is room for a sturdy grip and more extensive controls that work together to make it feel decent in hand.
However, the front and rear dials and a dial on the back of the camera, and the excellent touchscreen make it quick and easy to adjust settings.
With 5,760,000 points, the electronic OLED viewfinder (EVF) is the viewfinder with the highest resolution.
And the view is excellent until the lights go down. So it gets a bit slow at every frame rate.
Happening the back of the camera, the 3.2-inch screen with 2,100,000 dots has a dual-tilt mechanism that feels sturdy.
It is helpful for video and still images in any orientation but cannot be rotating to view on camera.
Given the S1’s high-end status, it’s no surprise to find an extensive menu, but it’s reasonably logically organized.
Due to your habit of going back to the last function you accessed on each tab when navigating between sections, it will take a while to find parts in the first few days.
It appears to be scanning up and down all the time, looking for the quality you want.
The L-mount lens holder standard:
- Together with Leica and Sigma, Panasonic is part of the L-Mount Alliance. This contract enables Panasonic to use the Leica L-Mount for S1 and S1R.
- This base first appeared in 2014 and was used in the Leica T APS-C format. In 2015, however, Leica caused a surprise and used the same tip on its SL, a full-frame mirrorless camera.
- The L-bracket has an inner diameter of 51.6 mm and a flange distance of 20 mm. These numbers are impressive but not quite as lightning-fast as those of the Nikon Z-series cameras.
- Which have a larger mounting diameter (55 mm) and an even shorter flange distance (16 mm). However, according to the L-Mount Alliance, this design allows for dust and moisture seals and allows for quick lens creation.
- It is crucial that with three manufacturers in the L-Mount Alliance, the number of compatible lenses should grow faster than the regular.
- The results of the S1 do not come as a big surprise as they reflect exactly what you get in the EVF and on the main screen when the Constant Preview option is selected from the menu.
- As we noted earlier, with Panasonic cameras, the default auto white balance is pretty reliable in natural light.
- The setting for fine weather, however, tends to produce slightly more pleasing results.
- The S1’s 24 MP sensor strikes a good balance between the level of detail and visibility of noise. Noise is well controlled up to ISO 12800.
- And results at ISO 25600 are good overall, but it is advisable to be a little careful. Noise reduction can be a little too enthusiastic in some areas.
- As usual, the raw files are better and have more details but more luminance noise.
- An additional advantage of a moderate number of pixels in a full-frame sensor is that the dynamic range of the S1 is very high.
- If you need it, low ISO raw files can be brightened up to 5 EV with a bright increase in luminance noise.
- It is a huge adjustment, a 2 or 3 EV change is more likely to be used for equilibrium shots in a landscape, and the S1 accepts that.
Also Read: Planet X – What is Planet X, About Planet X, and More
Burger king menu Puts Two New Whoppers On Menus Nationwide
Burger king menu Following its Spider-Man Whopper stunt, the fast food juggernaut introduced two new versions of the traditional sandwich…
wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram An excellent and highly healthy snack meal is roasted grains. It is a product of the gram or chickpea…
Review Panasonic S1 – Performance, Build, Specifications, and More.