In the PS4 Controller, Smaller pads might be perfect for the kids or to carry everywhere with you. And numerous of the best PS4 controllers.
Top Options For Smarter Gaming
1. Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller
- Here, the trusty DualShock 4 is always our first recommendation when asking for replacement PS4 controllers.
- However, the DualShock 4 is perfect for its purpose: sleek, small, and wireless. Not to mention the built-in speaker.
- The different colors of the lightbar, the touchpad, and the motion sensors, which enhance the game.
- It also doesn’t have to be an avoidance option. You don’t have to settle for the old-fashioned black style that comes with the console. Spice things up a bit with a DualShock 4 in red, blue, gold, or green camo.
- You can also easily connect a gaming headset or headset to the controller (unlike the Xbox One pad). However, battery life can be a bummer.
- The controller maintains a charge for four to eight hours. Frequent recharges are required, so you may want to buy a charging dock, mainly because they use micro USB charging.
- Numerous of us have already moved to USB-C for our phones. Therefore, there are fewer suitable cables in the house.
- We found the DualShock 4 to be an excellent PS4 controller for someone who wants to keep gaming and isn’t worried about the customization available on some of the third-party pads below.
2. Scuf Impact
- Here if you took a Sony DualShock 4 and redesigned it to fit in four well-spaced paddle controls on the back, you’d finish up with something like the Scuf Impact.
- It is a little wider than the first-party pad, but you get four paddles that replicate the inputs of the face buttons.
- Buy the EMR Scuf Impact, and these can be remapped on the fly. With the help of a bit of a magnet that sticks on the back.
- If you don’t care about the Scuf Impact’s mappable paddles or the incredible array of tweaks you can make to the design, you should probably stick to a DualShock 4. It’s a whole lot cheaper.
- However, one of the elements we like most is how easy it is to switch to this pad.
- Its spacing is slightly different, but all the core features of the DualShock 4 are replicating here, and there are no odd-feeling or low-quality parts that stick out.
- We reviewed the digital trigger version of the Scuf Impact, which has ultra-fast triggers made for FPS games.
- They’re a hit but are not ideal for other types of play, particularly racers. Do a little research, and you can design your Impact to suit your play style.
3. Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro Controller
- If you are a PS4 player but prefer the design of the Xbox One controller, the Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro Controller might be a better fit for you.
- Like the Vantage Controller, the Revolution Pro is built for gamers (specifically, esports) with a directional pad that can move eight ways – instead of four – alongside four shortcut buttons.
- However, it’s not quite as complicated to operate as the Vantage, nor is it as expensive.
- However, if you want a PS4 controller with a few extra bells and whistles, but not an overwhelming amount.
- Then prefer a chunkier controller that is a bit more resilient. Here the Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro Controller could be for you.
4. SCUF Vantage Controller
- The SCUF Vantage Controller is an excellent option if you want your PS4 controller to have a bit more bite and are more specific about your controller’s performance.
- However, this fully customizable PS4 controller built with gamers in mind boasts enhanced grip, remappable paddles on the back, side-action buttons, and an audio touch bar.
- Individual’s rear paddles are similar to those of the Xbox Elite Controller. Here You program them using a switch on the bottom and flick them with an extended index finger.
- Here it’s a different way to play but offers something the DualShock 4 does not.
- However, Essentially the Vantage controller is built so you can play more comfortably for longer.
- Nonetheless, unless you know how to optimize its abilities, maybe it’s best to stick to a more straightforward PS4 controller.
- Mainly because the Vantage Controller is much more expensive than your average DualShock 4.
In addition, read more helpful resources at imtechies
Cross-Platform Or Native Mobile App Development?
If you’re looking to develop a mobile application, you’re likely to face one of two big decisions: react native or…