Sony A7iii – Features, Touch Screen, Viewfinder, and More
Sony A7iii be that as it may, we have had the opportunity to test the camera calmly, and we are going to tell you what our impressions and results have been.
As always, with a comprehensive gallery of images so that you can see the photos in detail yourself.
By the way, for the test, we had had a Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS lens, an old acquaintance because this lens was one of the first to appear when the original Sony A7 was presenting.
Sony A7 III: Main Features
SENSOR Full Frame CMOS (35.8 x 23.9 mm) with 24.2 effective megapixels and a maximum resolution of 6,000 x 4,000 dots
STABILIZATION: By displacement of the sensor in five axes
IMAGE PROCESSOR: Bionz X
SENSITIVITY: ISO 100 to 51,200 (expanded 50 to 204,800)
OUTPUT: JPEG and RAW 14 bit (ARW type)
AUTOFOCUS: Hybrid with 693 points and 4D Focus technology
MONITOR: 3-inch TFT (921,600 dots) and removable
VIEWFINDER: Electronic XGA OLED (2,359,296 pixels) with 100% coverage and 0.78x magnification
SHUTTER: 30 to 1 / 8,000 sec
BURST SHOOTING: 10 FPS maximum
MAXIMUM VIDEO QUALITY: XAVC S 4K at 3,840 x 2,160 30p, 100M
STORAGE MEDIA: Dual SD card slot, one of them compatible with UHS-I / II, the other with Memory Stick Duo
CONNECTIVITY: USB 3.1, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and NFC
AUTONOMY: 610/710 shots (viewfinder / LCD)
DIMENSIONS: 126.9 x 95.6 x 73.7 mm
WEIGHT: 650 g (with battery and card)
PRICE: 2,300 euros (body only)
- In the first contact, we already verified no significant changes concerning the already established design of the Alpha Series cameras without mirror FF.
- Therefore, a magnesium alloy body is maintained with a sober and angular but attractive design (although, of course, it is a matter of taste).
- With very successful ergonomics that allow you to hold the camera safely and comfortably.
- Thus, in addition to minor tweaks to ensure the durability of specific areas that have caused problems in some models (and we are not referring to the ones we told you about here ). And to make the controls a little more accessible.
- The notable changes over its predecessor ( the Sony A7 II ) include incorporating the AF-On button and the small rear joystick to choose the focus point or operate the menus.
- These are things that its older sisters already have, the Sony A7R III and A9, with which it shares a very similar aspect and many features.
Handling and performance
- It is not something new about this specific model, but the high customization possibility offered by the Sony A7III is still remarkable.
- Up to thirteen controls can be customized “to suit the consumer,” and, as we said before, there is something for all tastes.
- Of course, in principle, it is not difficult to feel a little lost and overwhelmed by so many buttons arranged for the right thumb to actuate.
- Anyway, in the end, it is a matter of getting used to a way of working. And feeling comfortable with the camera, and thanks to its customization possibilities.
- It is easier than in other models, although it requires time to adapt and configure the camera.
- By the way, a better instruction manual would be appreciated for this (the one that comes with basic instructions).
- The possibilities are many, and it isn’t easy to understand them all. We only have the resource of reading the complete manual online, which is not very comfortable.
Touch screen and viewfinder
- While other brands are giving a prominent role to the touch screen (which is new to this model) for camera control, in the A7 III, this functionality is limited, as we have already mentioned.
- In the capture mode, the use is reserving almost exclusively to choose the focus point.
- Which seems adequate to avoid mistakes or random selection of things when touching the screen or to bring the viewfinder to the eye.
- By the way, the quality of the screen is excellent and its visibility almost perfect from any angle, but it is somewhat overshadowing by a viewfinder that is fabulous.
- It indeed has a moire problem in some settings, and that is very dark environments.
- There is a noticeable noise (issues that, of course, are not reflecting in the photos), but its resolution and brightness make it indeed the best on the market.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103
Over a million people use the multiplayer online (MMO) game platform Roblox daily. Several user-generated games are freely available in…